The Avalon Rugby Club is now seeking a new Club Development Officer that has recently been left vacant by the departing Scott Waldrom who has gone on to coach the New Zealand 7’s team.
To succeed in this role you will need to have a proven track record of being able to self-manage, have the ability to think on your feet and have a sound knowledge of rugby at grass roots level and beyond.
Overall purpose of the role
The overall purpose of the role is to ensure Avalon RFC achieves sustainable achievements at all levels, satisfying club members, sponsors and the local community in the short, medium and long term. To help nurture and promote the Avalon RFC overall goals, which are:
- To help create a winning/supportive environment that players, their family and friends are proud of being part of.
- To assist in the professional development of all players, coaches and administrators so that they can reach their true potential.
- To reserve the talent within the Avalon catchment area (Taita, Naenae, Avalon) and keeping them at the Avalon RFC.
- To create awareness within the local community that Avalon is a club that has a place for everyone, whether that is playing, coaching, general administration or simply supporting.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Coaching Coordination and Development
- Club Fundraising
- Sponsorship / Funding
- Event Management
- Communication / People Skills
- Administration / Reporting
- Being Accountable
For a full Job Description please contact Glenn Kennedy by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling him on 021 973522.
The vacancy closes at 5:00pm on Friday 16 December 2016 so applications accompanied with CV outlining your skills and attributes pertaining to the job should be received by this close off time. We acknowledge this is a tight turn-around time, however ideally we would like the successful candidate to start early in the New Year.